Best Service and Repair for Any Fireplace in Kitchener and Cambridge
Warmth. Comfort. Safety. Style. You get them all with a well-maintained fireplace. A touch of a button or switch brings all that comfort and beauty into your home quickly, creating a warm environment and a cozy ambiance.
Modern fireplaces offer many options, too. Depending on your preferences and needs, you can choose a wood, gas, or electric fireplace. Each has its own charms and advantages.
Yet, all types of fireplaces need maintenance to keep working well and looking great year after year. They need to be cleaned to function properly and safely. And, they might even stop working, for a variety of reasons. Fortunately, you can get all the fireplace service and repair services you need from Unique Air, a local company with offices in Kitchener and Cambridge.
You can relax and enjoy your home more when you choose Unique Air to service or repair your fireplace in Kitchener. With expertise in all models of gas fireplaces, gas stoves, electric fireplaces, and wood fireplaces, Unique Air is ready to get your fireplace working and ensure that it keeps working for the long term.
Having a Problem with Your Fireplace? Check This.
Gas Fireplaces and Gas Stoves
If you try to start your gas fireplace or stove, and it doesn’t come on:
- Check your breakers and reset as needed.
- Make sure the gas valve is set to “open” and the gas is on.
- Look at the pilot light. If it doesn’t come on, relight it following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Keep your eye on the pilot light. If it doesn’t stay on, you might need a new thermocouple. Talk to the fireplace professionals at Unique Air
- Notice if the fireplace is heating. If not, you may need a part called a thermopile. Unique Air can help.
If your gas fireplace is loud or smells bad:
- Roaring or rumbling – Let the fireplace cool down and vacuum. Then, adjust the flame.
- Grinding – call Unique Air for fireplace repair.
- Strange odors – clean the fireplace and flue.
- Rotten egg or burning wire smell – turn off the fireplace, open your windows, get out, and call us for help.
Clean your gas fireplace or stove regularly:
- Let the fireplace cool completely.
- Turn off the gas using the valve.
- Remove the gas logs, check them for cracks, and clean them with a soft brush.
- Take out the lava rocks, vacuum them, and brush away the soot.
- Vacuum the internal parts.
- Wipe down the inside edges with warm, soapy water.
- Put lava rocks, and then gas logs back in.
- Clean the glass with fireplace glass cleaner.
- Look outside to make sure the outside vent is clear of debris.
If the fireplace isn’t heating:
- Reboot the fireplace by turning all switches to off, waiting 5 minutes, and turning them back on.
- See if the thermostat is set where you want it.
- No flame – open the back and check the connection between spinner spindle and motor. Notice if the flame generator drive motor is running. If you see anything not working, call Unique Air for help.
- Every time you turn it on, it flips a breaker – You have a short circuit. Call us for repairs.
- Turns off by itself – check the remote control. You may need a new one.
- Embers are only glowing dimly – Check wires for loose connections. Call Unique Air for expert repairs.
If it’s making strange sounds:
- Check the louvers and log space for dirt and debris. Your fireplace might just be dirty.
- Call us if cleaning doesn’t help. Your heater may be defective.
Clean Your Electric Fireplace:
- Unplug the fireplace.
- Check wires and plugs.
- Wipe down the outside of the heater.
- Brush the heater outlets with your vacuum attachment.
- Clean the glass on both sides.
- Use a clean, dry cloth to dust the interior.
If your fireplace is smoking:
- Make sure nothing is blocking the chimney or vent.
- Soot builds up on the underside of the mantle – it may be due to chronic backdraft. Call Unique Air for service.
- Make sure you’re burning seasoned wood and not green wood.
Clean your wood fireplace:
- Clear away any debris in the fireplace and flue.
- Clean out the firebox.
- Brush away outside of hearth.
- Get rid of creosote buildup with dish soap or a mixture of water and baking soda.
Now Is the Ideal Time to Schedule Fireplace Maintenance!
No matter what type of fireplace you have – gas, wood, or electric – today is the perfect time to start maintaining it. Once you get on a regular maintenance schedule, you can breathe easier, knowing your fireplace looks fantastic and works beautifully now. What’s more, it’s protected to last for the years ahead.
At Unique Air, our maintenance service includes thorough cleaning by fireplace experts who will get it in tip-top shape every time. Then, we inspect every part of your fireplace and check for any problems. If we find anything concerning, we can offer repair services to take care of it before it becomes a safety issue or stops working as it should.
We are also happy to offer repair services for all types of fireplaces. We can help whether you know what is wrong with your fireplace or simply know that something isn’t right. We examine your fireplace to find any problems, including its wiring, gas connection, or damage to the fireplace itself. Then, we provide you with an estimate of the work needed to get your fireplace back into perfect shape. When you are ready, we do the repairs, replacing parts as required.
Unique Air is a team of reliable fireplace experts serving our customers in the Kitchener and Cambridge area. We are committed to helping you get your fireplace up and running and keeping it in excellent working condition for the long term. We keep you and your home safe during the cleaning and repair and ensure it will work safely when we are finished.
Annual fireplace maintenance is your ticket to warmth, comfort, and beauty. With Unique Air, you’ve got the winning ticket!